Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ringstone

After yesterday's good results I was back up at Ringstone hide today. List: 1 Tufted Duck 2 Great Crested Grebe 1 Little Grebe 14 Black Headed Gull 7 Swallow 5 Lesser Black Backed Gull 3 Moorhen 2 Carrion Crow 1 Common Sandpiper 6 Swift 11 House Martin 2 Lapwing 1 Jackdaw BONUS: There were 4 moths in the hide, Large Yellow Underwing x1 and Dark Arches x3, these would have died if they had been in there two nights so I think someone may have been there last night or something? There is no way apart from flaps so perhaps somebody was there in the night?

1 comment:

FDS-Qlikview said...

I’m new to birding in the area and have been keeping an eye on the multiple birding blogs covering the Calderdale area. I’ve been up to Ringstone several times and wondered about the hide, how could I go about getting access? I assume there’s some sort of membership.

All the best,

Matt