Monday, April 02, 2012

Swales Moor

I went up there late morning thinking Osprey might be a possibility with the light NW on to the ridge. No Osprey but 2 Red Kites soaring high over the top at 11.15. The local corvids are always a help when large raptors are around and they certainly helped me to pick them up this morning. Drifted off high towards Queensbury where I thought BS or NK might be lucky enough to pick them up.
Several other birds moving included
c 60 Meadow Pipits >N
8 L B B Gulls >N
1 Gt B B Gull >NW
1 male Wheatear on the walls near the quarry
1 Linnet
6 Skylark
1 Kestrel
1 Weasel

3 Cormorants >NW over Lee Mount at 10.45

1 comment:

Brian Sumner . said...

Well done with the Kites Dave, could easily have been missed at that altitude.
Thanks for the call, thought I had one, see my blog.