Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gorple Lower

Had a mooch around at Gorple this morning in the poor visibility and blowing rain. Poor decision really, I should have stayed in the valley :)

Oystercatcher - 3 (2 on the southern shore and 1 overhead as I walked up to the res)
Curlew - 2 over the moor on the south side and a few in the fields above the car park
Lapwing - 1 overhead as I approached the dam wall and 2 in the fields above the car park
Common Sandpiper - 1 feeding along the waterline on the dam wall
Skylark -  1
Mipit - 3
Mistle Thrush - 2 by the car park
Pied Wagtail - 1
Usual Canada Goose and Mallard

Also there was a Coot at Longfield Dam as I went past later.

2 comments:

martynbirder said...

pretty average day at Gorple then Jeff!

I go up nearly everyday and that's about normal

Jeff Cox said...

Yes Martyn, a normal haul for up there, although I went hoping to see my first Common Sand of the year there and it turned up on cue so I was pleased enough with that.