Saturday, March 07, 2015

Swales Moor and Soil Hill

I was in two minds this afternoon - Swales or Soil Hill - and went for Swales! Just 12 Linnets up there.
 
It's a good job BS went to Soil Hill, coming up trumps with a Snow Bunting. I abandoned Swales and headed off up to meet Bri. Thankfully the bird was still there at the far end of the track in the short grasses. I found it tricky getting some decents shots being in the shade then later in the bright sunshine but I got a couple of record shots. This is, as far as I can recall, only the second Snow B this year and BS also found the first at Fly Flatts on 1st January.
Well done Bri - I owe you again !!
Check out the link for Brian's blog West Yorkshire Birding for more photo's etc....

2 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

Glad you was in the area Dave.
Amazing to have it flying round our heads calling then walking past within 4ft of us.
One for the memory box.

Dave Brotherton said...

Great find, Brian and Dave