Friday, November 28, 2008

Bradley Hall Farm 28/11/08

c40 Redpoll there this morning feeding in silver birch near railway crossing.






A pair of Goosander on the canal surprisingly.




Nothing else of note other than 1 Grey Heron, 1 G S W and 3 pair of Bullfinch around. Whilst down there I had an interesting conversation with a guy who lives in the vicinity and seemed to know his stuff birdwise and he has had Willow Tit annually in his garden since moving to his present house in 2000. His garden bird list is 85, I thought I was doing ok on 57, can anyone out there beat 85?

Taking of garden birds a female Blackcap has taken up residence in my garden in the south of the Halifax Birdwatchers Recording Area, it was first seen on 26/11/08 which equals my earliest ever date in the winter period since moving here in 1991.


2 comments:

AndyC said...

Its always nice to see Blackcap in the winter,when i lived in the centre of Halifax I always got them .On the 14.Feb 1999 I had 2 females and a male in the garden at the same time.Always difficult to know when the residents leave and the winter birds arrive? I think they must arrive in November.?

AndyC said...

My Garden list for the centre of Halifax was 60 and my Garden list for Northowram is 87 but its not really my garden but anything within half a mile of my house flyovers etc......Barn Owl,White Stork and Ruff to name a few