Friday, January 08, 2016

Birdwatch Magazine Feb

Dear All,

Happy New Year to everyone first of all and I trust you've had a good Christmas too.

Before Christmas I nominated our good friend Nick Carter as Local Hero of the Year in the Birders' Choice Awards for his tireless volunteer work over the years be that back here in West Yorks or over in his adopted homeland of East Yorks. From group Chairman of Calderdale Bird Conservation Group for many years to BTO breeding surveys, Auk plot surveys, Species Protection work and habitat improvement be it with a pen, his bins or a shovel Nick has always been willing to do what he can to help Birds and other wildlife.

I'm delighted to say that my nomination has been accepted and next month in Birdwatch magazine they are planning on running an article on all the nominees.

Can I ask that you either buy a copy or look online,  there maybe an article on Birdguides as well to see when voting will commence and take the time to vote for Nick as I'm sure you'll agree his efforts over many many many years (he is old now! lol) deserve the recognition.

Please pass this on as I'm sure there are many others out there that I have missed that would be keen to support Nick.

Happy Birding 

Andrew

No comments: