Sunday, January 15, 2017

Castle Carr Road

A couple of hours this afternoon along the road above Luddenden Dean started off well with a group of Pink-footed Geese heard high over the dean. I managed a few distant shots - 21 birds >NW around 14:55. I guess these were the same ones as Nick had over Roils Head.
1 distant Kestrel over Midgley Moor (not many 'kessies' about)
c65 Fieldfare
Pair of Little Owls
1 adult Herring Gull >NW
1 adult Great Black-backed Gull >NW
2 Stock Doves
1 Dunnock
1 Blackbird
A few Red Grouse heard
2 Pheasants that 'flayed the living daylights' out of me as I checked over  a wall . I should be used to being surprised by them by now !!

Lee Mount earlier in the day
1 Grey Wagtail feeding in the wet in Lee Mount Road
1 Song Thrush singing

3 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

" Flayed the living daylights out of me", are you sure you,re not from Queensbury ?

David Sutcliffe said...

Is Illingworth near enough - born and bred there.

Brian Sumner . said...

Aye lad, thas near enuf theer.