Saturday, April 04, 2015

Blake Dean and Widdop, 4th April 2015

On a late morning/early afternoon stroll and general potter about, I saw/heard the following:
grey wagtail, Blake Dean,
lapwings, stock doves and snipe (chipping), The Ridge,
oystercatcher pair and cormorant, by Widdop Res',
meadow pipits and red grouse in abundance above The Scout and on Greave Dike Flat and a curlew over,
peregrine, high over and
stonechat, male, below The Scout.
I also saw a common lizard and wimberry bumblebee (Bombus monticola).  Disappointingly, no wheatears.


Regards, C. Jepson-Brown

4 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

A lovely day to be out Chris. I like the photo, never been up there. I guess if this weather stays settled then the Wheatears will be about in the next day or two.

ChrisJB said...

Cheers Dave, was lovely when the sun came out. I had a wheatear on the 21st March, near home (Milnrow), so was half expecting one today. I even dreamt of ring ouzels but knew that was a long shot!

NTBR said...

Good to be out and about on a clement day and good to meet you Chris.

David Sutcliffe said...

I hear Ring Ouzels are already singing in 'The Lakes' - but for our area its not been looking good over recent years Chris though we seem to have some perfect spots for them !