Saturday, March 30, 2013

Osprey!


I’ve just seen my first Osprey outside of Scotland drift past from my bedroom room window. It was roughly over the Salterhebble area heading NE towards Siddal at 2.08pm this afternoon, maybe dropping off at Elland gravel pits? The views were brief but plenty of colour and plumage details were seen.

The bird of prey records from my bedroom are getting ridiculous now: 2 Hobbies, 1 Hen Harrier, 2 Buzzards, 1 Red Kite nearby, 2 Ravens and now Osprey. I suppose overlooking the lower Calder valley helps. I wonder what will be next, I'm plumping for a Honey Buzzard (or two).

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice one Charlie, sounds like a good watchpoint!

Gary said...

You never know!

charlie streets said...

Even though I'm slap bang in the middle of a housing estate the Calder is only about half a mile away at it's closest so any migrating birds of prey following the course of the valley should be relatively easy to ID.