Thursday, December 11, 2008

Night Vision ?

Hi all
I have a couple of Tawny owls feeding on the mice and voles attracted to the spilt seed around my feeding station in the garden. I have toyed with the idea for years of buying a night vision scope or bins and feel it would now be worthwhile for bat/badger/owl watching here in Edern. There seem to be dozens of models and makes on offer, so my question is does anyone use these or have a recommendation ? Obviously I don't want to pay silly money but I don't want poor quality either so I am prepared to pay a decent amount.

5 comments:

Matt Bell said...

Hi Paul
I can't vouch for the quality at all, but I saw the other day that Lidl had some night vision equipment in. Also, the cheap-but-decent binoculars are back, I think they're £12-£13 this year. Still a bargain.

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Matt
Do they have these in stock at Sowerby Bridge at the moment ? Nothing shows up on a websearch at my local Lidl store ?

Matt Bell said...

Hi Paul
I saw them at the Todmorden store earlier in the week

Marrop said...

They had some in at Sowerby Bridge today

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Matt/Mick
Thanks for the info. If i cannot find them in Lidl here tomorrow I will get Sue to call at a Lidl back in Yorkshire and look for one.