Tuesday, December 09, 2008

All abit last minute but.........

At the last meeting I suggested we have work groups once a month, on the back of that it was felt it would be a good idea and that the second Sunday in each month be the day.

I hope that despite the last minute reminder and organisation enough of you are still interested and further more have put the day aside in your diaries.

To kick things off I thought we could do a Winter Wildfowl Survey as for this to be a success we need as much of Calderdale's open water covering as is humanly possible I suggest that everyone pledge to cover an area and that to keep it on a group theme we then meet up at the end of the day to collate our records.

If you can email me your contact details I shall endevour to co-ordinate everyone so that as much area is covered as possible.

Although this is a wildfowl survey please do record other species but concentrate on the wildfowl and numbers.

I will also ask that people pledge to do an area close to home rather than everyone wanting to cover Ogden and Elland.

I also going to suggest that we finish each working party with a pint somewhere and suggest we kick off by meeting at the old haunt of the Barge and Barrell at Elland (maybe even we could all do the last hour of the day at Elland Gravel Pits.)

I will send an email round as well but I look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible and seeing you all on Sunday.

I will start by pledging to cover Upper & Lower Gorple along with all 3 Walshaws, Hardcastle Crags Mill pond and Nutclough Wood (given enough time) Anyone want to join me for the full day (or part of it) and a long walk.

My email address is andrewhuyton@hotmail.com

1 comment:

AndyC said...

EGP looks good for a count with 7 GCGrebe,5 little grebe,20Tufties,Pochard,Gooseander and Cormorants today,wont be able to make Sunday but will try and do Sunny Vale for the count.Good idea