Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Buzzard Feeding Station




Just a couple of rather crappy shots of two Buzzards that appeared at my feeding station behind the caravan today to clear up two duck carcases put out for them. The tree in the photos is around 12 feet from my office window in the caravan. Its a real privalage to be able to watch such magnificent birds mere feet from my window. Added...I thought I had better just make this clear, the photos are from outside my home in Edern in North Wales not Calderdale

2 comments:

Jen Sutcliffe said...

Thanks for sharing those photos- as you say a real privilege to be working so close to the birds. We have just returned from one of our November/December BTO atlas tetrads on a glorious if perishing winter's day and have seen 22 species but not a raptor amongst them - not even a kestrel! Still we love it!It is so good to be able to do the field work,send off the information and let somebody else do the paper work. Oh the joys of retirement!

Nick Carter said...

Bring it on!