Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sat AM and Sunday AM

First of all let me apologise for not making it to the nestbox project yesterday, unfortunately I didn't get the email in time, well done all the guys who turned up, plenty of surveying to be done now.

Which is where I was yesterday from 07:15 - 12:45 Hardcastle crags.

Box 4 - Blue tit with nesting material

Boxes 7,8,9 missed

Box 24 - Blue tit visiting

Box 32 - Great tit with nesting material

Box 38 - Blue tit pair inspecting

All other boxes no sign of activity.

Other birds found to be nesting Song Thrush, Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker (judging by activity i'd say female was on eggs) for details contact myself.

Also flushed a Woodcock by Box 29 and had a Sparrowhawk fly through whilst viewing boxes 10,11,12.

Grey Heron by the Mill.

This morning I have again to say shame on me, took the dogs for a short walk up the road when something of interest caught my eye on the common to the front of my dads house. Grabbing bins and ditching dogs I set off up the Common (and this is the shame, because despite it being on the doorstep I rarely go up there with my bins.)

The something of interest turned out to be a pair of Grey Partridge, so I decided to carry on as far as the fringe of Widdop Moor and found another pair of Grey Partridge, 2 pair of Linnet, Swallow, 20+ Meadow Pipit and a female Stonechat. Also had a Grey Heron fly through.

I really should go up there more often.

No comments: