Monday, March 27, 2023

Soil Hill

 An excellent morning on Soil Hill, in very pleasant birding conditions. Good to see the swan migration continuing into today as well. 

  • In total from my vantage point on the Hill I had five flocks of Whooper Swans. Thanks to everyone who put out messages, I only missed BSs flock over Stoodley Pike. All counts I got from photos, but for most I was quite distant so could have got it wrong. In total, from my counts, I got 321 Whoopers, a phenomenal count, albeit two flocks did not enter Calderdale!

08:35

Got up from roost on Ogden, initially heading south before turning back north

59

08:40

Got up from Mixenden, just after the Ogden birds & headed north

38

08:55

PGs flock went north up the Calder Valley as it appeared from where I was, my count is from photos but happy to be corrected

134

09:10

A distant flock went north up the Aire Valley. Very distant, so if anyone closer got a better count that would be great.

42

09:20

The final flock also went up the Aire Valley. Again distant, so if anyone closer got a better count that would be great.

48



  • Still seven Teal on the NK Pond, with four drakes

  • Small group of three Goldcrest in the Entrance Copse


In total managed 43 species this morning, the full list here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S131944946
-Whooper Swans
-Goldcrest

1 comment:

Chris Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.