Sunday, December 05, 2010

Scaup at EGP

1st winter Greater Scaup still present along with 3 male Pochard, 1 Wigeon & c30 Tufted Duck. 20 Siskin also there. All of the wildfowl is concentrated on the only ice free part of the lake along the northern shoreline which makes viewing, photography and id with binoculars a bit tricky due to the distance involved.



Anyone going down to view it would be well advised to a take a scope and view it from the elevated area overlooking the canal.



I have attached a few photos that I took last week. I have taken some more this morning and if any are half decent I will put them on later.



I also saw 100+ Waxwing on Friday afternoon at the junction of Thornhill Road/Branston Gardens Rastrick and once I've edited those I will stick a few on if only so Mike can get his own back on me as I don't think there will be any snow on my pics either!

2 comments:

Mike Henshaw said...

Nice shots David,I did manage to see it on Sun am and it was still present on Mon am and thanks again for the note.

Bruce said...

Good pics David,
We were down there on Sunday morning - we found it quite easily even through bins.