Thursday, December 02, 2010

my Garden in the snow

Once again the snow has brought all our garden birds back together and so, Yesterday, I spent all afternoon on the lookout for unusual visitors. our local mistle thrush had been back around and so I wanted a good photo. He had so far eluded me but today he actually landed on the bird-table right in-front of me! it was just the opportunity I had been waiting for! sadly he didn't stick around for long because he is very flighty, but still some decent record shots.


also on the bird-table was the on-going starling blackbird bust up that seems to happen every year. surprisingly, this year it was the starlings that were dominating the fruit we put out, chasing the blackbirds away. so there were some dramatic scenes on the bird-table...



hopefully the weather will continue and the birds will continue to pour in!

4 comments:

Andrew Huyton said...

nice photo's

Jeff Cox said...

Very good Mistle Thrush photos Daniel. I don't get much chance to get our Mistle Thrush as it stays well away from the window, even if I throw apples down it won't be tempted to come any nearer.

Mike Henshaw said...

Nice shots Daniel,the Trush at Waring Green is very photogenic

Daniel Branch said...

this ones a tricky character too. if he knows I'm watching him he wont come near. I was just lucky this time!
Thanks guys