Sunday, November 21, 2010

Soil Hill

I trogged around the summit (thinking of possible Snow Bunting) for over an hour this afternoon - what a muddy mess on the top and I guess it's not worth the risk walking over the thick deep sludge - but the edges facing north and west are not too bad with gravel areas and some weedy patches along the edge of the heather.
1 Skylark
1 Common Snipe
8 Grey Partridge

I had just about given up on Snow Bunting and the light was going at 3.50 so took the west side off the top, down a short grass track - and just in front of me a female type Snow Bunting took flight and headed up towards the top. Unfortunately I wasn't able to relocate the bird in the fading light.

Please do not go on the site when the heavy plant/earth movers are working there.

2 comments:

Muxy said...

I went up on Sat hoping for Snow Bunting. There was a sign up saying path temporarily closed but went up anyway. Drew a blank and the only bird was a Kestrel hunting off the North slope. Do not venture up without Wellies!

David Tattersley said...

Another great reward for all the effort you put in Dave in your area