Saturday, December 22, 2007

Birdfood & Feeders

Just a reminder to everyone the Halifax Bird Club now has a trade account with CJ Wildbird Foods. The discount is 25% for all orders over £125 in value and this also includes free postage to ONE address. The offer applies to all seed and equipment.

We could perhaps get together two orders a year between us, say Autumn and mid Winter and get the stuff delivered to one address where people could call round and pick up their share and pay for it. We don't need any money up front as we are simply invoiced for the amount.

The discount is for everyone and orders do not need to go through one person (though this might be sensible for large group orders). You simply need to quote the account details ( for obvious reasons I am not posting this on a public forum). There is nothing to stop say two or three people combining to place their own order if the amount spent is over £125. Having used CJ Widlbird Foods in the past week to supply gear for Marshals Feeding Station (more on this later) and my own gear I can safely say the system works...so far !

Just for anyone who is thinking of buying feeders at the moment. Most of the metal better quality feeders the company sell are on offer at the moment at much reduced prices ( I paid £4.99 each rather than £14.99). Their website is at http://www.birdfood.co.uk/index.php?area_id=1&nav_id=3 just look in special offers for the feeders etc.

I have posted this to A/ remind people of the large discount we can obtain by using our buying power as a group and B/ to try and see if we can sort out some system of ordering at regular times so that people can budget for buying in bulk say once or twice a year. Please add comments to this post as to how and when you wish to use the discount. And please feel free to ask about anything if its not clear in my posting (it is still early in the morning and the caffeine has not kicked in yet!). I do have contacts within the company as I have been negotiating about quotes for feeding stations for local companies in Calderdale. I also have my own personal trade account as a book seller with their book publishing arm so I can ask directly about any other queries people may have.

Finally just to make it clear, I have no personal financial stake in this other than the group discount like everyone else in the group.

3 comments:

Nick Carter said...

I usually post a notification when any order I place goes in, the response is generally poor, surprising for a group of Yorkshire birders.

Alastair said...

Re my comment above - I have found some CJ feeders - yes the metal ones, to be rather frail, I also have design issues with them - require dismantling in order to fill.

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Alastair
I have some of the green "defender" metal feeders for both seed and peanuts and you simply take of the top to refill them as you would with any other feeder. Are yours a differant style ?