Thursday, August 26, 2021

Swales Moor and Fly Flatts

An interesting day today starting with an hours VisMig first thing in the strong North easterly wind - frustrating sight of a very fast flying probable Diver species. Going away from me to the north all the time. If i'd been on the coast I wouldn't have hesitated to call it. I hate those that 'escape' but if there's an element of doubt I'll have to leave it and move on.
Otherwise
1 Swift, 7 Swallows and 3 Greylag Geese high over the ski-slope.
2 Buzzards and a Sparrowhawk

Message from BS to say the juvenile Spotted Redshank at Fly Flatts was still about so headed off up there early afternoon. Great views of it at the north end. A real beauty of a bird. Thanks again Bri.
See photos on West Yorkshire Birding blog. I took  a phone video but don't think I can get it on this blog. The bird was still there this evening (AC) but flighty and calling a lot so maybe it will be up and away tonight. 

No comments: