Thursday, March 22, 2012

Whoopers at Gorple

I have been trying to upload a video but always getting error messages so it's a poor distant record shot.


A first for me up at Lower Gorple, 52 Whoopers at 15:25 and still present when I left at 16:30. It seems to have been a good year for this species in Calderdale, having finished work earlier than expected and having the rare luxury of transport add that to the fact I'd arranged to visit my dads at 17:00 I thought I'd visit the old stomping ground in search of wheaters. No joy with them but along with the whoopers, 6 greylag, 2 redshank, 4 golden plover, 1 singing skylark and high numbers of oystercatcher, curlew, lapwing, meadow pipit, black headed gull and canada goose.

1 comment:

David Sutcliffe said...

Record shots are always worthwhile Andy - a great record.