Friday, July 25, 2008

Warblers singing

Chiff-Chaff at the tree Nursery, Beardsworth's, last Wednesday 23rd on the A58 just before the Chain Bar junction.
Blackcap at Northowrham on Thursday.
Could be the good weather, I don't know. They seem to tail off singing before the longest day and then have a short song period later. Mostly I've heard Willow Warblers singing late.
Did anyone find a Wood Warbler this year in Calderdale, either early or late?

Thrushes anvil in a Northowrham garden. They were the common garden snails. I had seen Song Thrush there earlier in the year, carrying food, but the nest was in the next door garden, so I couldn't record it.

A worker at the Piece Hall, when I asked him to point out where they Peregrine chicks could be seen, pointed to the hole I (and Sean ) had identified Kestrel chicks. He admitted they were assuming they were Peregrines. I doubt if Peregrines could be in another part of the steeple.

1 comment:

David Sutcliffe said...

2 Wood Warblers have been reported by Queensbury birders - 1 at Shibden Head on 5th May (CK) and another at Oats Royd (DP) the last week in May. I am not aware of any others Steve!