Friday, July 04, 2008

Buzzard = Kite ?

Hi all
A quick question. Whilst speaking with a local here in Wales this morning, we spotted a Buzzard wheeling overhead and pointed it out to him. Oh you mean the Kite ? We were somewhat surprised that a local could mistake a Buzzard for Kite, until he explained that it was a Big Kite due to its wide wings and "fingers" at the end of the wing, Red Kites were the small Kite and had forked tails so were easy to distinguish from Big Kites. As anyone else come across this name for Buzzards ?

2 comments:

Nick Carter said...

I've certainly not come across this before. By the way, when will there be someone in so I can collect the book I have to pick up, called a couple of times at weekend but there was no-one in on either occasion.

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Nick
You need to call at Cae'r Odyn Carvan Park, Lon Lan, Pwllheli, any weekend to find me in :-))

Give me a call and I can arrange pick up of your book before the 14th when I depart Calderdale for good. I could leave it with Andy C ?