Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soil Hill and Ogden Pinkies

                                          Soil Hill Snow Bunt
                                                    Ogden Pinkies

Snow Buntings on Soil Hill were now down to 4 this afternoon with no other birds coming in to roost at last light. The birds were very elusive and totally camouflaged in the area they were in but spotted by Susan Drake who was up there with Peter Drake, nice to meet you both.
Did anyone get a count on the skein of Pinkies that were spotted over Birstall this morning by Jim Welford and passed me at Ogden heading >N. I was on the edge of the plantation so could only see part of the group.
BS

5 comments:

Jeff Cox said...

Good photos Brian. I must get myself up to Spoil Hill to see the Snow Bunts before they disappear into the sunset. I had a very large skein of Pinkies over me this morning (see blog entry) and another smaller one a little later. Not sure if this large skein was the same as you saw.

sedrake said...

Good to meet you too Brian but I should point out that S E Drake is me, Susan, my husband is Peter! Much better photo than mine.

Brian Sumner . said...

Sorry about that Susan, I,ll know you now the next time we meet.

Andy Kiz said...

I saw a large skein over low moor this morning presume these were same as birstall ones as they came from that direction, was at the tip so no count or pics but definitely 100+

David Sutcliffe said...

Great shots of the pimkies Bri well done.