Monday, January 30, 2012

Help is on it's way

See my comment regarding the condition of the Sowerby Bird compared to Mytholmroyd Bird in previous post. I've just followed Jim's link and they had a 24hr mobile number so I've just rung them and spoken to a gentleman who is going to get someone out to the bird tomorrow. He has my number and I've told him someone would be available to meet him if required, I can put off what I had planned for tomorrow but if someone else is free I'd appreciate it if they could volunteer to meet this guy if required, as I have some work for my brother to do in leeds.

Can I also suggest that we keep a database of any rescue organisations, I'm happy to be one holder of the numbers if someone else will do likewise in the event I'm unobtainable.

8 comments:

Andrew Huyton said...

I have also posted news that the bird is likely to be taken into care on birdguides.

Nick Carter said...

Volunteer here if needed. Enquiries may well come via the e mail address on the blog (the SEO did), I'm one of several who can access these e mails so will keep a list of numbers if you want.

Andrew Huyton said...

You not working tomorrow Nick? good idea re numbers.

Jeff Cox said...

Why not permanently post the numbers on the blog so anyone can ring them?

Nick Carter said...

Sorry for confusion, volunteer to act as contact for numbers, yes I'm afraid i am working tomorrow :(

Andrew Huyton said...

No worries Nick

AndyC said...

If you send me all the numbers, I can create an extra page and then its avaiable to everyone who can acess the blogg.see side bar

Bruce said...

The nearest I can locate is

Yorkshire Swan Rescue Hospital
Cares for: Swans
Location: Brandsby, near York
Tel: 07763 424892 (24 Hours)