Friday, September 11, 2009

11th September






Early afternoon at my local watch point brought only 1 Common Buzzard and 1 Kestrel. After tea at Roils Head, having more trouble with a Phylloscopus warbler, the call was that of a chiffchaff and I gave it little thought until I looked at the pictures I took later, it clearly has pale feet and in the top picture the primmaries appear faily long indicating Willow Warbler. Remember the bird at High Royd in the early 90s that sung both Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler songs and turned out to be a Chiffchaff. Any thoughts?
Also still several young Swallows present and lots of Long-tailed Tits.



1 comment:

Bruce said...

Hi Nick

The warbler in the Fly Flats bush (by the bridge)looks exactly the same, pale legs and lots of yellow. I am pretty sure its a Willow Warbler. I have not heard it call.