Saturday, February 17, 2007

A suggestion

Having just returned from a four month period away I have been very heartened to discover several new names on the list of contributors to this Blog, I have also seen a couple of new faces out in the field. It looks to me as if birding in Calderdale is going through a bit of a resurgence what with the success of the Conservation Group, Ringstone etc. etc. Those of us who have been birding for some time will remember the excellent social evenings we used to have at The Barge and Barrel at Elland Bridge once a month, a few beers, lots of laughs and nothing taken too seriously (I don't think!). How about getting something like this going again? the serious stuff is very important but lets not forget birding is also a hobby and having a few beers together once a month should help bring people back together as well as introduce the new people to the rest of the group. Perhaps the Barge and Barrel is no longer central enough maybe somewhere like The Works in Sowerby Bridge? Its only a suggestion but let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Andrew Huyton said...

I think this is an excellant idea and I would have suggested the Works myself. Very much in favour (owt to get out of the house lol).