Saturday, February 03, 2007

3rd February Roils Head PM

1 Reed Bunting and 5 Skylarks present.A flock of c160 Pink feet came over going west. One was notably trailing the others and losing height rapidly. It landed c300 yards in front of me just out of sight. I went to check it out, but just as I was closing in a total prat on a motor bike tried to run it over. It took off and flew past me, I noticed that the bill spot looked orange not pink and that there was very little grey in the wings, the bird looked totally lost circling twice before flying off to the south. It may have been a trick of the light but the bill spot looked orange.Its immpossible to claim Bean Goose on such a brief flight view but it may be worth keeping an eye out in the future.

Can I please have all records for 2006 as soon as possible so I can make a start on the new report. The 2005 report is still in the proof reading stage but will hopefully be at the printers soon.

No comments: