Tuesday, December 05, 2006

MY SIGHTINGS OVER LAST FEW DAYS

Got a little behind with my blogging so here's a quick update.

Garden - Widdop Rd,

Regular visitors now incl upto 20 Collard Doves, several Jackdaws, House Sparrows,Rooks and Chaffinch's, 4 Blue tits, 2 Great Tits, 2 Reed Buntings, 4 Dunnocks, Wren, 2 Robins, 5 Blackbirds, 2 Pheasants, also occassional Coal tit, Sparrowhawk.

Ringstone briefly yesterday only c 25 BH Gulls on water, 4 Goldfinch at feeding station along with singular Greenfinch, Robin and 2 Dunnocks.

Today Sparrowhawk flew through feeding station just as I was pulling up nothing else.

Krumlin yesterday c 50 Fieldfares, small mixed flock of Blue tit, Great tit and Chaffinch attacked by female Sparrowhawk.

Brearley Fields today c150 BH Gulls with only half dozen Common Gulls, 4 Mistle Thrush in bushes opposite cricket club also 2 Song Thrush and upto 6 Blackbirds along with small numbers of Blue tit, great tit, Goldfinch, Greenfinch and Chaffinch.

Luddenden St Marys Church Wier 2 Dippers and 2 Grey Wagtails today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the garden at Widdop Road yours ? it sounds like a birders dream garden.

Andrew Huyton said...

To be honest Brian it's my Dads but I'm currently resident at his house whilst I try to renovate a house in Mytholmroyd, hence the feeding station, hopefully my dad will keep it going once I eventually leave.
It isn't half bad as I also forgot to mention the GSW that visit daily.

Anonymous said...

At least during this bad weather you can birdwatch from the comfort of your armchair.