Sunday, December 03, 2006

Beware Soil Hill

03/12/06 1500hrs Gale force SW>8 Showers.
Just a warning if you bird Soil Hill.
I went up late pm in a howling gale and showers to get some seed down and see if the weather had blown owt in. After Id put the seed down I went over to check the scrapes but as I stepped onto the banking above the main track I suddenly sank above the knees in the mud. The heavy mud closed in around my legs and there I was, stuck solid. The more I tried to pull my legs out the deeper I went in, which is a bit of a scare when its starting to get dark. Luckily I was wearing Rigger boots so all I could do was pull my feet out leaving my boots deep underground. The only problem now was I was stood on the top of Soil Hill in my socks with half a mile of rough ground between me and the car. I got back after a lot of jumping and a few choice words ,and all this for 1 Skylark and 3 Mipits. At least it cheered Lynda, my wife up, she hasnt stopped laughing yet.
When they dig Soil Hill up in 100yrs time to build houses theyll find a pair of antique rigger boots belonging to a mystery birder. BS Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrew Huyton said...

sounds like you had a lucky escape, shame you were by your self or someone could have video'd it.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean someone with me to help or just to get a good film as I go under.?

Andrew Huyton said...

oh definately in order to earn the £250 on offer from you've been framed, why else!!!