Saturday, September 19, 2020

Mixenden Res'r and Hunter Hill watch-point

Nothing at all on the reservoir this morning and I failed to find hardly anything moving at all from Hunter Hill watchpoint in the cold >NE wind and clear sky.

Most interesting event - I was watching a Common Buzzard reasonably close by for quite a while till it dived speed with legs down - it had definitely seen something. It dropped out of site but came up again a minute later with a full grown Weasel dangling from it's talons. Looks like it got it head first. It carried it off out of site. I've never witnessed one take a Weasel before though I think BS had one a year or two back at Fly Flatts - this time, of course. with a photo (am I correct Bri?)

Otherwise it was down to a green Woodpecker,  Kestrel, c grounded Meadow Pipits,  Stock Dove, 2 Feral Pigeons and a Starling.

Elsewhere a Shoveler at Ringstone Edge reservoir (AT),

4 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

Thats right Dave, they must have a taste for Weasels.

Brian Sumner . said...

PS . see my blog 7th Sept, 2018. Nowt wrong with your memory Dave.

David Sutcliffe said...

Thanks Bri - again.

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice shots Bri. I wish I could have got one this morning but the wind up there was pretty blustery. I even took shelter at the back of a burnt out van at one point (to eat a choc)!
I wonder if they will take the larger Stoats as well - now there's a challenge.