Friday, December 29, 2017

Lee Mount

Garden watch today on and off during the snowy conditions !!
2 Nuthatch
1 Great-spotted Woodpecker - loves the fat-filled half coconuts
Blue, Great and Coal Tits
1 Wood Pigeon
c12 House Sparrows (on careful watch in case a Tree Sparrow drops in )!
2+ Chaffinch
2+ Magpies
5+ Blackbirds
Several Redwing flyovers over the park trees
1 Kestrel - a rarity for Lee Mount in recent years
A few Black-headed and Common Gull flyovers
Local male Blackbird - taken through the window


3 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

Have you once had Tree Sparrow in the garden Dave or am I dreaming it.
A nice sharp shot of the Blackbird even down to the scaling to say it was taken through glass.
Your windows must be cleaner than ours.

David Sutcliffe said...

Garden feeders - yes. 3 on 14th and 15th Nov 2010 and another record the following year with 1 on 15th and 16th March 2011.
Photo's etc on the blog if you go back the records are still there with photos of the 2010 birds. I remember it well.
I've not had chance to look up dates/year of Andy's records as he had some more recent than the Lee Mount birds.
Your turn now - do you still have feeders in the garden ?

Brian Sumner . said...

I thought I could remember you having them on the feeders in the past.
I went down and photographed Andys in the long hedge 1/2/2015. 11 birds but none since.
We get over run with House Sparrows but I,ve never had tree.
I took the feeders down a couple of years ago mainly because the Sparrowhawk was through daily wiping out Sparrows which Lynda hated to see. I put posts round to stop it then we had problems with cats and mice so gave it up.
I,ve got the biggest feeding station there is now, Fly Flatts.