Saturday, February 06, 2016

Around and about

Mixenden Res'r -  drake Goosander and the usual smaller gulls moving through.
Fly Flats -  6 Carrion Crows, 2 Ravens heading down towards Hunter Hill, 4 Canada Geese (early returners), c12 Mallard - why anything wants to be up here in conditions like today I'll never know - oh but I was there !!
Cold Edge (lower pond) pair of Tufted Duck and a drake Goosander
Dean Clough - I couldn't find the usual Dipper or Grey Wagtail in the Hebble Brook - just 4 Mistle Thrush (one singing), 1 Song Thrush singing, 2 Bullfinch near North Bridge and around 12 Long-tailed Tits turned up as I was chatting with Denise - who usually pulls in the rarities !

3 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Well done going out today Dave - you'll have webbed hands soon with these soakings you are getting!
John

David Sutcliffe said...

Yes and I managed to keep both gloves on !! so will probably lose one next week.

Brian Sumner . said...

Not the best day for Fly Flatts Dave. The Goosander had moved on when I checked the res late afternoon.