Monday, January 04, 2010

Halifax Birdwathchers Club - 2009 Report

Our recorder Nick Dawtery is asking for your records for 2009 as soon as possible please.

If you use the B.O.G. computer programme then please send your records on a disk direct to Nick. Alternatively written records will be gratefully accepted, although use of the B.O.G. computer programme make editing so much easier!

If you can send your records in soon then it will help Nick to formulate the report for 2009 without delay.

Putting together the report is a very time consuming task and a lot of care is taken to ensure the records are correct and presented in a readable and informative fashion.

Photographs have also become are an important feature of the report so if you have any shots of Calderdale birds taken in 2009 please could you also submit these to Nick as soon as you can for consideration.
Well done Nick for continuing this important task of recording our Calderdale birds in a report.

10 comments:

Nick Carter said...

I have copies of the BOG recorder program and instructions for use available if anyone wants one.

Jim Welford said...

Anyone else having a few problems with the BOG recorder? I upgraded to Windows 2007 and don't seem be able to recover anything entered previously. Will go through the photo's and record as much as possible on a new file.

Matt Bell said...

Yes, I have problems with it too.

Mike Henshaw said...

I also cannot recover data from my BOG so will have to submit basic records on paper.

Nick Carter said...

The program was given to us by Bradford Ornithological Group and has served us well for several years, I wonder if the new operating systems etc have left it behind? I'll contact BOG and ask if they have updated it.

David Sutcliffe said...

I had difficulty installing the programme recently on a new laptop but got there eventually. I think it's because it's an old system on a new system. I kept getting the question 'have you got permission to install this programme!! I got there eventually and it's working fine now but don't know how I got there!!!!!!!

Steve Blacksmith said...

Yes, I recently tried to install the BOG programme on a laptop using Vista, without success. Asked my partner to try on hers - just the same. We got an error message which, on looking up, seems hellishly complicated to us. Going to try it on an older PC with Windows 98 tomorrow.

Jeff Cox said...

Installed OK on XP (SP3) but I had problems with it as I couldn't get fields to remain during data entry so the process took much longer than it should. I tried to open my database tonight to catch up and I keep getting error messages which suggest the db is corrupt. Aaaaargh - I hope not as I have a fair few records in there.

Nick Carter said...

Time to look at an on-line record entry system? I believe Bradford have moved onto this.

AndyC said...

Its about time we had a website......????????????/an online recording system is longover due as is a website.The Hx Birdwatchers and Consevation comitee should put this into place asap.The bog system is great when it works and has been brilliant for collecting records but there must be other ways which would improve the system.