Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LEO




Undisclosed site - 7:45pm to 9:00pm

I took the opportunity to go looking for LEOs this evening, a species I've not seen before. I was just walking along the path when I caught sight of an owl hunting in the distance but too far away for a positive identification. I walked on to the spot where I'd seen it and could hear a young owl calling. I was just scanning the trees and moors when I saw the adult heading back up the path. I managed to get the above photos as it passed by.

It went on and perched on a post for a short time before dropping into the grass. It caught something and headed into the trees to the nest site.

I also managed to see a couple of juvenile stonechats, 6 curlews and 11 mistle thrush flying over.

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Well done with the photo's Ian

Nick Carter said...

Excellent photos Ian!

Ian Scott said...

Thanks David and Nick.