Saturday, August 01, 2020

Soil Hill

Another very enjoyable morning on the Hill today, with another patch tick for me; Green Sandpiper.
While checking Ned Hill Track for Willow Warblers I heard a Green Sandpiper calling, but it sounded distant. After hearing it a few times, without sounding like it was coming any closer, I decided to record the call on my phone. However, half way through my recording the bird appeared over the edge of the Hill, and once I had got my camera out of my bag I was able to to grab a few photos as it passed over. Being in the gulley at the end of Ned Hill Track I could not follow the flight of the bird once it had passed over, but it headed in the direction of Ogden/Mixenden so could have potentially landed there.
Also a reeling Grasshopper Warbler on the North Slope and a juvenile Stonechat on the walls at the bottom of the Slope. Still reasonable numbers of Willow Warblers lingering as well. The North Slope Tree Line especially was lively with them.
Complete list from this morning here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S72000032
-Green Sandpiper
-Recording of Green Sandpiper

No comments: