Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Lee Mount

I was pondering going on the tops today looking for Snow Bunting but changed my mind - went soft !!
I bet BS will be out this afternoon though.....

Instead I got on with completing some bird boxes in the garage. 14 'tit' type boxes + 2 Treecreeper boxes to add to 10 more 'tit' boxes from Roger R purchased from the National Trust using funds from the Grapevine contributions.
With Alan T we have permission from landowners and plan to put a good number of these up at sites in Cragg Vale, not just for 'tit' species but also to target Redstart and Pied Flycatcher as with both species we struggle to retain birds that move through in spring.

Also today
Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming in the park at the back (Shroggs Park), Song Thrush singing, then as I was coming out of the garage for a sarnie I heard 'cronkin' from a passing Raven and just managed too see it pass over the back of the house in the snow. Not a bad day after all.

8 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

Thats right Dave, I was out but didnt risk Fly with tipper wagons steaming along the icy road. Went for Ogden, the soft option instead.

Brian Sumner . said...

PS Good work on the boxes which I take it must come flat pack. Thanks to all grapeviners that have helped to pay for them.

Bradshaw Rambler said...

They look very good quality boxes Dave.
Should last a good few years.
John

David Sutcliffe said...

Yes, those wagons up there take no prisoners !!
Flat planks Bri - I got some nearly good as new, treated but well weathered fencing timber 150mm wide and 22mm thick - perfect size planks. They took a bit of cutting but they kept me occupied during the last week or two. Better than housework !!!!
Cheers John - I thought you might be out in the weather as well as BS.

Brian Sumner . said...

Eck Dave, you should have been a joiner, I thought you,d bought them ready to put together, very professional. You can start on my hide at Fly Flatts when you,re ready.

ChrisJB said...

Great work Dave. Lets hope they are taken up by the target species.

David Sutcliffe said...

Bri - how are we going to hold it down.....?

Brian Sumner . said...

With Big Bertha of course Dave !!