Saturday, June 01, 2013

Withens Clough and Turley Holes and Higher House Moor, 1st June 2013

I did a circuit this morning, starting from the Hinchcliffe Arms, up to the res' and back via Turley Holes Edge, Cove Hill and Higher House.  It was rather quiet on the bird front really, with no luck on the whinchat front (again) despite hanging about for a while near the top car-park and the new building by the turbine.  There were quite a few linnets up here though.  Best bird was a redstart singing, somewhere near the top of Hove Yard Wood. 
I did see some good insects today and would like to put them on the Calderdale Wildlife blog, but I don't know how!  I thought if I could do it on here I could do it on there.  Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Chris

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice one with the Redstart Chris and just like us you dipped on the Whinchat earlier this week. Not sure who can give you access to Calderdale Wildlife blog, will ask around see who can help.

Bruce said...

Hi Chris, if you would like to join the Calderdale Wildlife blog then please email us at the address on the "Welcome" page.

http://calderdale-wildlife.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome.html

ChrisJB said...

Many thanks folks. I've just sent my email.