Monday, April 04, 2011

Little Owl Sightings in Calderdale - a reminder

In January I posted a plea for help asking people to send in sightings of Little Owls in 2011 ( http://calderbirds.blogspot.com/2011/01/little-owls.html )

Reports from different people have dropped off recently as you can see from the stats by month for the year to date:
Jan - 8 sightings from 7 different people
Feb - 4 sightings from 3 different people
Mar - 12 sightings from 3 different people

Can I please ask again that any Little Owl sightings are reported through the whole of this year so we can compile a representative picture of how they are doing in Calderdale.

Thanks

8 comments:

AndyC said...

Have you got the Ringstone pair..???

Jeff Cox said...

No Andy. Not reported via blog or email. Any further info please or could there be entries in the Ringstone log?

Matt Bell said...

I promise you Jeff, since your request I've been going out of my way to find them, or at least re-find owls I knew were previously there, but so far, nowt (Slack Top, Blackshaw Head, Burnt Acres and Peckett Well)

AndyC said...

There used to be a pair just before the pack horse at widdop...

Ian Scott said...

I've seen none in the Shibden Valley so far this year.

Jeff Cox said...

I've checked the Pack Horse site whenever I've gone past but haven't seen one yet.

Unknown said...

the pair at Frith's, in the Gauxholme Valley, are still going strong.

Brian Taylor

Steve Cummings said...

Haven't seen one so far this year. I haven't been going out of my way to see them but have passed by sites occupied last year without so much as a sniff of one.
Pack Horse, Flints, Jay House Lane, Stocks Lane were all occupied last year