Friday, July 09, 2010

Nyjer Feeders

Hi all
A quick question, can anyone recommend a decent Nyjer feeder as both the ones I have tried have been poor, losing large amounts of seed or ignored by the birds. Also my other seed and nut feeders are now starting to wear out. I used metal feeders from CJ Wildbird Foods previously but wonder if anyone has recommendations for feeders by other companies ?

PS Nyjer seed was always expensive back home in Yorkshire, here I buy 20 kilo bags from the local pet shop at £21

2 comments:

S Gray said...

HI try this from vine house farm it is a 8 hole nyjer feeder made from steel and plastic and for 20 quid you can not go wrong have had one for over a year now just watching a family off siskin on it as i type
http://www.vinehousefarm.co.uk/

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Sean
Cheers mate. I can at last use cheaper plastic feeders here as Squirrels are not a problem..or at least for only as long as it takes for a local to spot and shoot them.

I have a pair (I assume the same pair) of Siskins that feed periodically on the feeders, appearing for a few days then disappearing again. I have never ever seen young Siskins appear with them in the last three years I have been here.