Monday, May 10, 2010

Fighting in the street

Fighting in the street (sounds like a Thin Lizzy track or is it Gary Moor ?). Got bored watching the news so went another walk, had only gone 2 or 300 yrds up Pellon lane when I heard a Starling alarm calling, within seconds a male Sparrowhawk came wizzing past followed closely by another adult male. The second bird stooped on the first and they both ended up in the middle of the road having a right go at each other. I got my camera out of its case and turned it on but by this time the two birds had seperated and one had fled, the other seemed to cellebrate its victory by soaring above my head with noteable white undertail coverts spread. Unfortunatly my camera settings were all wrong again!!. These are the best I could do in very bad light. I had just been talking to AC earlier in the day about having 3 male Sparrowhawks nearly hit me in 3 days whilst they were hunting, make it 5 now.






Top bird Sparrowhawk, one of my favorites.




No comments: