Sunday, November 11, 2007

XMAS Social get together

Following the relative success of the last get together it has been suggested that we have another to give old and new members the opportunity to meet and generally have a good night out.

I have several suggestions as venues and would welcome some input as to a favoured spot over the next week. I suggest a date of Thursday 29th November.

Possible venues incl The Works (Sowerby Bridge), Old Bridge Inn (Ripponden) or the Pump Room (Halifax) the last of these I would recommend a change to a Wednesday night as they have a quiz on a Thursday unless of course some of you wanted some friendly competition on the night (it's not a genius type quiz - trust me I've come 3rd twice - not out of 3 no!!)

Anyway let me know and I'll post the final venue time and date next Sunday.

3 comments:

Nick Carter said...

It's a bit early for Xmas but a good idea nonetheless! My suggestion would be The Bridge at Ripponden, its owned by a local birder after all! (and its an excellent pub with superb beer).

AndyC said...

Friday 30th THe Works is best for me.The Bridge is too far in a Taxi the works is more central for everyone.we dont have to go to work on sat morning as well.

Nick Carter said...

30th no good for me (Kaiser Chiefs) How about into December?