Sunday, August 12, 2007

Feeding Stations & Nestboxes

I have been surveying the Lowfields Business park for several years now, mainly looking for moths, but in recent times noting down the birds seen. I have made an approach to the management who run the site about doing more work on site and improving the habitat for wildlife where possible. With this in mind my next approach will be to Marshall's who have offices on site and a large display garden. I hope to persuade them to install some bat boxes on their office (bats use the canal adjacent to the office to hunt at dusk) and a feeding station for birds. My idea is that if I can persuade Marshall's to set up this equipment and fund the running of it I might then be in a stronger position to encourage other companies to follow suit.

From the Bird Group; I would like a bit of moral support when asked for and also advice as to local suppliers of nest boxes and feeding station equipment.....in fact any help or suggestions gratefully received ! I will in return keep the group updated on developments and get a piece in the local press about the positive conservation the bird group carries out locally.

4 comments:

AndyC said...

Excellent idea,it will attract a good selection of species in this area.Its long overdue a feeding station in theCB area.

Nick Carter said...

If you aren't looking for too many boxes best bet is to make them ourselves, one of our guys made a selection for Luddenden Dean I reckon he might do the same again just need a supplier of suitable wood. As for feeding equipment try CJ Wildbirdfoods they supplied nyger seed at the beginning of the twite work FOC.

Goldon Gordon said...

Thanks for the info Nick. Do you have a contact for CJ Wildbird Foods ?

Nick Carter said...

Best go via their website www.birdfood.co.uk