Thursday, August 02, 2007

Cromwell Bottom Works

I have been contacted by an ecologist working for the company employed by Calderdale Council who are carrying out a survey of the as yet uncapped North Bank Loop at CB. She asked me for any notable records within 500 mtrs of the proposed works. As far as I am aware there is no records of any notable species of flora or fauna in the proposed works or immediate environs ? If you have any concerns about this work can you contact me or Hugh Firman ASAP.

From my brief discussion on the phone with the ecologist yesterday it seems that only the top of the old land fill will be removed and recapped. She also told me in answer to a question that she did not see the need for too much disturbance to the scrub surrounding the old tip site.

2 comments:

darrell j prest said...

which is the north loop? i presume it is the area that is fenced off?
if so the jack snipe may have their little area destroyed,why can't calderdale council leave the place alone? they will destroy the place,not that there's any sign's up informing people that it is a 'so called' 'NATURE RESERVE'

Nick Carter said...

Even if this isn't the north loop there must be some potential for habitat creation up there akin to that on north loop, I know Andy Cockroft has raised this on Calderdale WN, I think there would be enough support to get something done.