Friday, March 23, 2007

Garden Visitor's

I returned home this afternoon and as I got out of the car a female sparrowhawk lifted off from our garden and flew prey in talons into our neighbours garden. Only just insight I watched he for 5 mins as she plucked away at her prey, I inched forward in the hope of getting a line of sight capable of a photograph but she took off still carrying the unfortunate bird with her, revealing at the sametime that it was a collard dove she'd taken. Within 20 mins this male arrived in the garden and stayed for approx 5/10 mins affording excellant views from my kitchen window if not the best of photo's.

2 comments:

S Gray said...

nice shot, a bird i never seem able to get a good shot of.

heavy birder said...

Nice male spar, I would be over the moon to get a shot like that in my garden.