Friday, March 09, 2007

EARLY MORNING SURPRISE

Just over a week ago I had my first Siskin visit the garden, it appeared to be hanging around with a small flock of Greenfinch and has hardly been seen since. So imagine my surprise when this morning I stared out the kitchen window to see 8 Siskin including 3 Males.
Also around this morning Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Blue tit, Great tit, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Pheasant, Jackdaw, Robin, GT Spotted Woodpecker, Dunnock.

The last 2 days have also produced 4 Roe Deer in fields directly down from the house, incl a buck with a very impressive set of antlers for a Roe.

The feeding station has pulled in other mammals incl Rabbit, Brown Rat and a mouse sp. (guessing at Field mouse).

I do enjoy breakfast stood at the kitchen window only problem is dragging yourself away to goto work.

No comments: