Friday, April 26, 2024

Soil Hill

  A pleasant couple of days on Soil Hill. Migrants have continued to be slow on arrival, but a couple of standout birds; 

  Todays highlight was an Osprey that flew north up the valley between Ned Hill Track and Ogden at 06:55. 

  Additionally, two Whitethroat were singing this morning, both new arrivals and my first since the first individual of the spring on the 17th. There were seven Wheatear on The Shay this morning, and a Lesser Redpoll flew over heading north. 

-Osprey

In total managed 37 species this morning, the full list here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S170315804



  Yesterday I found my first sitting Jack Snipe without the assistance of the thermal camera, nearly jumped out of my skin when I looked down to see these stripes sitting motionless next to my boot. This is my joint latest spring individual at this site. 

  Otherwise interest was limited to two adult Common Gull that flew north

-Jack Snipe

In total managed 37 species this afternoon, the full list here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S170234967

1 comment:

David Sutcliffe said...

Doing well in among up there Daniel. Brilliant with the Jack Snipe. Early visit certainly paid off this morning. Ospreys seem to like that route !