Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Soil Hill

I'm lucky that I can visit Soil Hill as part of my daily exercise during isolation. Normally I have headed up first thing in the morning, to help avoid people and hopefully get some VisMig, but today decided to try the afternoon to hopefully get some raptors.
It certainly paid off when I flushed this stunning Jack Snipe. It initially got up right next to my feet, flying right past me showing off its golden stripes. The bird never made a sound. I followed its flight to a dense grass thicket but unfortunately could not find it on the deck before it flushed again. This time it did a big flight and descended to the bottom of the Hill where the marsh used to be.
-Jack Snipe
Fairly standard affair otherwise. Four Buzzards and two Sparrowhawks made up the best of the supporting cast. 

3 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

DP got the Jack Snipe up there a few days ago down near the NK pond.

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Nice to see you back safe and sound Daniel.It's been a while since I've had any Snipe up there - nice one.
Keep 'em coming!
"Bradshaw John"

David Sutcliffe said...

Heck - that's great. Well done for getting some photo's Daniel.