Friday, November 30, 2018

Lumbutts Area

Lee Dam

1 Kingfisher and 2m 3f Goosander on the main dam.

Very little heard in the trees, apart from Long-tailed Tits at one point.

I did check the upper dam, and found it to be in use by a group of swimmers. I've not encountered it before, is this a regular thing here, does anyone know?


Longfield Dam

Rather less productive - apparently completely birdless apart from a few Magpies.

Well, I did get briefly excited by a white plastic object of some sort stood near a small puddle that made a very convincing Little Egret from a distance. Actually, let's make that a Cattle Egret - if you are going to be wrong, you might as well be wrong with style!

1 comment:

Brian Sumner . said...

I dont know Lee Dam but swimmers are still using Leadbeater Dam at Cold Edge even in this weather. I wish I had £1 for every time I,ve studied a bin liner or plastic bag trying to make it into a bird.