Monday, February 03, 2014

Ogden

This afternoon
A single Woodcock flushed in the woodland late afternoon flew off at speed towards the golf course. I nearly trod on it before it flushed and it was in more or less in the same area I have had them occasionally before.

It was very quiet for birds in the woodland areas but I did find a flock of around 10 Goldcrests in an area of small pines, birch and hazel in the NW woodland. No other species with them which was unusual though they were also feeding at ground level in bilberry bushes.
1 drake Goldeneye on the res'r
1 adult Cormorant
1 Canada Goose
c70 Mallard
c250 B H Gulls
c20 Common Gulls
2 Sparrowhawks
2 Stock Doves along Back lane and c60 Woodpigeons

1 comment:

Brian Sumner . said...

As you say Dave, no Siskin or Redpoll about so far.
Nice one on the Woodcock,I will have to look at NKs blog header photo to remind me what they look like !