Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cromwell Bottoms

In case anyone is down there tomorrow, received the following message today;

I was walking on the canal just where the bridge goes over to the car park from Cromwell Bottom nature reserve was watching a goosander. Finally caught it in the bins to reveal something tangled around its beak and it could only just open its beak, it was clearly distressed. It dived & surfaced near me and flew off in panic towards the direction of the lake where they do the watersports. I reported to RSPCA when I arrived back in the office, they asked me to go back to try to locate again which I did, walked all way down to cromwell bridge/lock but no sign at all, suspect its gone onto the lake. I've sent this to CromwellBottom@gmail.com as well but in the meantime wondered if you might know anyone who might be able to help locate it? Im not in brighouse until next week now so im trying to get word out so hopefully it can be freed. If anybody finds it please report to RSPCA, I did call them again to say couldnt find it so they weren't wasting their time.On a positive note saw a kingfisher not far from the weir on the river!

1 comment:

Andy Kiz said...

Thanks Jim